I’m one of those people, you know, the kind that has never a day in her life cleaned her make-up brushes. Ever. Yeah, it’s something I should be embarrassed about but, a lot of people don’t do it. There’s those of us who just aren’t that into make-up, they don’t think to wash their brushes because it’s just not that important to them. Then there’s some of you reading this who are in the fashion/cosmetology industry and your jaws just dropped and you gasped. How could someone not wash their brushes?! Well, if you’re like me, it’s because you just didn’t know how. I have some brushes that have years of make-up on them, then I have some that are fairly new. I decided that I would try out a DIY make-up brush cleaner, and let you all know how it worked! And by the way, it WORKS! Like I said, years of make-up on these things; they’re all clean now!
DIY Make-up Brush Cleanser (with products you probably have at home):
- Grab some dish soap, if I had the option I would have used Dawn Simple, that name may be wrong, but it’s the one without dye in it. Also go ahead and grab some olive oil. I also put 3 drops of Lavender oil in with the mixture, but that is optional.
- Put in the soap and the olive oil, mix together.
3. Dip the make-up brush in the cleanser. I actually had to go back and mix up some more, lots of brushes! But, if you don’t have too many, you should be fine.
4. After that, swirl the brush around on your hands, get it wet with warm water at the sink, and keep swirling it around until all of the soap and make-up is off. You’ll notice the water getting clearer.
5. Lay your brushes on a clean towel, reshape them to their form, and prop them up so the water does not get into the brush handle. And you’re done!! Yay!
I hope you guys enjoyed this simple DIY how to. If you’d like to see more of these, let me know in the comments!